Wicked Weed Brewing has released another addition to its Canvas Series as well as bottles of a former draft-only beer.
The first beer from the Asheville, N.C.-based brewery is Concurrant, an 8 percent ABV “Sour Brown Ale” that has been fermented with Dutch wildflower honey before being aged in red wine barrels with tart black currants.
Concurrant is the newest beer in Wicked Weed’s Canvas Series, which also includes:
- Brett Burglar, a 7.3 percent ABV IPA brewed with blood oranges
- Bombadile, a 4.2 percent ABV saison brewed with strawberries
- La Bonte, a 6.5 percent ABV saison
- La Bonte Pear, a 6.5 percent ABV saison brewed with pears
- Montmaretto, a 6.9 percent ABV barrel-aged wild ale fermented on montmorency cherries and conditioned on almonds
- Fille de Ferme, a 4.1 percent ABV “Tart Farmhouse Ale” brewed with honeysuckle and orange zest
- Silencio, a 7.4 percent ABV bourbon barrel-aged “Sour Black Ale” brewed with Madagascar vanilla beans and El Silencio coffee
In addition to Concurrant, Wicked Weed released bottles of Gluten FREEk, an 8 percent gluten-reduced double IPA. Brewed with “loads of hops” and a similar grain bill to the brewery’s Freak of Nature double IPA (8 percent ABV), Gluten FREEk was first released in early 2014 as a draft-only beer.
According to posts on Wicked Weed’s Instagram page, Concurrant and Freek are packaged in 500ml bottles and were released at both Wicked Weed’s Funkatorium and Brewpub on Friday.