Cellarmaker Brewing Co. and Drake’s Brewing Co. are celebrating City Beer Store’s 10 years in business the best way they know how, with brand new beers.
Today, Cellarmaker Brewing Co. is releasing 300 Steps. The new double IPA that comes in at 8.4 percent ABV and is brewed with “copious amounts” of Citra, nelson and Simcoe hops. The name is in reference to the close proximity that both businesses share, as they are less than one-fifth of a mile apart.
According to a post on the San Francisco-based brewery’s Instagram page, 300 Steps will be packaged in 22-ounce bottles that will be on sale today during an event at City Beer Store. In addition, the double IPA will be pouring on-draft at Cellarmaker.
On Wednesday, San Leandro, Calif.-based Drake’s Brewing Co. will be releasing Duck Puppy, an 11.8 percent ABV Belgian-style quadruple ale aged in High West rye whiskey barrels for 12 months.
According to Carrie Beurskens, media and pr coordinator for Drake’s, the beer is bottled in 22-ounce bottles and will be available for sale at the brewery after the event.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, San Francisco-based City Beer Store is releasing five different beers from five different breweries each day this week:
- Monday — Almanac Beer Co. — Tropical Platypus (6 percent ABV) — sour ale aged in red wine barrels and conditioned on kiwi, lime, mango and passionfruit and dry-hopped with galaxy hops
- Tuesday — Cellarmaker Brewing Co. — 300 Steps (8.4 percent ABV) — double IPA brewed with Citra, nelson and Simcoe hops
- Wednesday — Drake’s Brewing Co. — Duck Puppy (11.8 percent ABV) — Belgian-style barrel-aged quad
- Thursday — Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. — City Beer 10 Year Anniversary Ale — barrel-aged New Orleans milk stout
- Friday — Sante Adairius Rustic Ales — Southern Sunrise — saison brewed with peaches
Emails to both Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. and Sante Adairius Rustic Ales were not returned.