Details on Bell’s Brewery’s last release in the Planets Series have come to light.
According to a label filed with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), Neptune The Mystic will be a 9 percent ABV stout brewed with black pepper, hickory bark, dandelion root, spices, molasses and maple syrup. In addition, cayenne peppers, star anise, raisins and dates have been added to the mix.
Neptune The Mystic will be the final release in the Comstock, Mich.-based brewery’s Planets Series, which is a limited production line inspired by Gustav Holst’s seven-movement orchestral suite of the same name. The series started in August 2014 and will encompass seven different beers by the time it is finished:
- Mars, The Bringer of War (10.1 percent ABV) — Double IPA — August 2014
- Venus, The Bringer of Peace (7.5 percent ABV) — Blonde Ale — October 2014
- Mercury, The Winged Messenger (4.8 percent ABV) — Belgian Single — December 2014
- Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity (8 percent ABV) — Malt Forward Brown Ale — February 2015
- Saturn, The Bringer of Old Age (11.5 percent ABV) — Bourbon Barrel-aged Barleywine — April 2015
- Uranus, The Magician (9.5 percent ABV) — Black Double India Pale Ale — May 2015
- Neptune, The Mystic (10.1 percent ABV) — Mystical Stout — July 2015
According to the beer label, Neptune The Mystic will be packaged in 12-ounce bottles and will be available in July, although the brewery declined to specify an exact date.