First released in 2011, the beer is a 6.4 percent ABV wild ale that is aged in oak wine barrels for over six months with 100 pounds of fresh raspberries from Maine in each barrel.
Allagash has released six different beers that are produced using its coolship:
- Coolship Red (6.4 percent ABV)
- Coolship Resurgam (6 percent ABV)
- Coolship Cerise (8.1 percent ABV)
- Ghoulschip (6.9 percent ABV)
- Coolship Balaton (5.9 percent ABV)
- Coolship Single Barrel One (8.1 percent ABV)
According to Allagash, the newest incarnation of Coolship Red will be packaged in 375ml bottles and will have a two bottle per person limit when it goes on sale at the brewery on April 2.