Southern Tier Brewing Co. is no stranger to dessert stouts, and another one is in the works.
According to a label filed with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), the Lakewood, N.Y.-based brewery will be releasing Salted Carmel, a 10 percent ABV imperial stout brewed with Himalayan pink sea salt and caramelized sugar.
“Salt has long been an important part of civilization,” reads the beer label. “Although it is now a ubiquitous household mineral, it has not always been easy to find. Salt was once so valuable that Roman legions were sometimes paid with it.”
The new beer is part of Southern Tier’s Blackwater Series, which also includes:
- Choklat (10 percent ABV) — imperial stout brewed with chocolate
- Creme Brûlée (10 percent ABV) — imperial milk stout
- Choklat Oranj (10 percent ABV) — imperial stout brewed with chocolate and orange peels
- Warlock (10 percent ABV) — imperial stout
- Mocha (10 percent ABV) — imperial blended stout
- Salted Caramel (10 percent ABV) — imperial stout brewed with Himalayan pink sea salt and caramelized sugar
According to the beer labels, Salted Caramel will be packaged in both 22-ounce bottles and four-packs of 12-ounce bottles. An email sent to the brewery for release date information and distribution details were not immediately returned.