Less than a week after announcing a new Canvas Series release, Wicked Weed Brewing is at it again.
This time, the Asheville, N.C.-based brewery will be releasing Silencio, a 7.4 percent ABV “Sour Black Ale” brewed with both Madagascar vanilla beans and El Silencio coffee from Asheville-based Mountain Air Roasting before being aged in Kentucky bourbon barrels. The name Silencio translates to silence from Spanish.
Silencio is the newest addition to Wicked Weed’s Canvas Series, which also includes:
- Brett Burglar, a 7.3 percent ABV IPA brewed with blood oranges
- Bombadile, a 4.2 percent ABV saison brewed with strawberries
- La Bonte, a 6.5 percent ABV saison
- La Bonte Pear, a 6.5 percent ABV saison brewed with pears
- Montmaretto, a 6.9 percent ABV barrel-aged wild ale fermented on montmorency cherries and conditioned on almonds
- Fille de Ferme, a 4.1 percent ABV “Tart Farmhouse Ale” brewed with honeysuckle and orange zest
According to a post on Wicked Weed’s website, Silencio (500ml bottles) was released at both The Funkatorium and The Brewpub on Friday and will be shipping to retailers in a “limited” distribution next week.