The newest entry in Wicked Weed Brewing’s Canvas Series is inspired by the gin bramble cocktail drink.
The new beer is Bramble Barrel, a 7.8 percent ABV “American sour ale” brewed with “a pound and a half per gallon of local blackberries” before being aged in Cardinal gin barrels sourced from Kings Mountain, N.C.-based Southern Artisan Spirits and finished with fresh lemon zest.
Bramble Barrel is the newest addition to Wicked Weed’s Canvas Series, which also includes:
- Brett Burglar (7.3 percent ABV) — IPA brewed with blood oranges
- Bombadile (4.2 percent ABV) — Saison brewed with strawberries
- La Bonte (6.5 percent ABV) — Saison
- La Bonte Pear (6.5 percent ABV) — Saison brewed with pears
- Montmaretto (6.9 percent ABV) — Barrel-aged wild ale fermented on montmorency cherries and conditioned on almonds
- Fille de Ferme (4.1 percent ABV) — Tart Farmhouse Ale brewed with honeysuckle and orange zest
- Silencio (7.4 percent ABV) — Sour Black Ale brewed with both Madagascar vanilla beans and El Silencio coffee from Asheville-based Mountain Air Roasting before being aged in Kentucky bourbon barrels
- Concurrent (8 percent ABV) — Sour brown ale is fermented with Dutch wildflower honey and aged in red wine barrels
- Puzzle Pieces (6.7 percent ABV) — Golden sour ale
- Oaxacan (8.6 percent ABV) — Amber sour ale that is brewed with smoked malts before being aged in organic Blue Agave tequila barrels and conditioned on both grapefruit and lime zest.
- Bramble Barrel (7.8 percent ABV) — “American sour ale” brewed with local blackberries before being aged in gin barrels and finished with fresh lemon zest.
According to a post on Wicked Weed’s Instagram page, Bramble Barrel is packaged in 500ml bottles and was released yesterday at both The Funkatorium and The Brewpub and will be shipping to retailers in a “limited” distribution next week.