For the sixth year in a row, Westbrook Brewing Co. will be releasing a special beer for its anniversary.
This year, the appropriately named 6th Anniversary Hazelnut Chocolate Imperial Stout is a 10 percent ABV imperial stout brewed with candi syrup before being conditioned on cocoa nibs, roasted hazelnuts and vanilla beans. This is the sixth time the Mt. Pleasant, S.C.-based brewery has released an anniversary beer since the popular Mexican Cake was produced for its first anniversary in 2011:
- Mexican Cake (10.5 percent ABV) — 2011
- Cap’n Skoon’s Ballistic Stout (10 percent ABV) — 2012
- Orange Bliss (9.1 percent ABV) — 2013
- 4th Anniversary Chocolate Coconut Almond Imperial Stout (10 percent ABV) — 2014
- 5th Anniversary Chocolate Raspberry Imperial Stout (10 percent ABV) — 2015
- 6th Anniversary Hazelnut Chocolate Imperial Stout (10 percent ABV) — 2016
According to a label filed with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), 6th Anniversary Hazelnut Chocolate Imperial Stout will be packaged in 22-ounce bottles. In addition, Westbrook’s 2016 Release Calendar indicates that the beer is scheduled to be shipped across the brewery’s entire distribution network in December.