Black Friday will bring not only great deals in stores, but also a brand new event from The Veil Brewing Co.
The Richmond, Va.-based brewery will host its 1st Annual Dark Daze event on Nov. 24, which will include 10 dark beers on tap as well as some new packaged beers to go.
Three of the packaged beers will include Whangdoodle, an 11.5 percent ABV imperial chocolate milk stout that has been aged for 14 months in barrels that previously held Heaven Hill bourbon; blackivy, an 8 percent ABV black double IPA brewed with Citra and Nelson hops, and Double Espresso Hornswoggler, the newest incarnation of The Veil Brewing Co.’s chocolate milk stout conditioned on “a ton of espresso” that comes in at seven percent ABV.
Whangdoodle will be packaged in 500ml bottles, while both blackivy and Double Espresso Hornswoggler will be sold in four-packs of 16-ounce cans.
In addition, six of the beers that will be on tap have been announced:
- Whangdoodle, an 11.5 percent ABV imperial chocolate milk stout that has been aged in barrels that previously held Heaven Hill bourbon
- Double Espresso Hornswoggler, a 7 percent ABV chocolate milk stout conditioned on espresso
- blackivy, an 8 percent ABV black double IPA brewed with Citra and Nelson hops
- 2017 Sleeping Forever, a 12 percent ABV imperial stout made for The Veil’s anniversary
- 2017 Vanilla Sleeping Forever, a variant of the anniversary beer conditioned on vanilla beans
- 2016 Bourbon Barrel-Aged Sleeping Forever, a 13.2 percent ABV imperial stout aged for 12 months in barrels that previously held Heaven Hill bourbon
According to a post on The Veil Brewing Co.’s Facebook page, pricing and purchase limits for all beers will be announced at a later date.