The newest Turning Point Beer release is named after a device in the cartoon Rick and Morty.
That beer is Demonic Alien Containment Box , a 15.6 percent ABV imperial stout aged between 12 and 17 months in maple bourbon barrels before being conditioned on more than 50 pounds of coconut and vanilla beans. The new stout’s name is taken from a device in the Rick and Morty episode titled “Meeseeks and Destroy”, where it is used to contain the detached demonic alien spirits from an alternate future.
This will be the seventh barrel-aged stout to be sold in bottles by the Bedford, Texas-based brewery:
- Release The Krausen — March
- Endgame — April
- Laser Cannon Deth Sentence — June
- Blacker Than The Blackest Black Times Infinity — July
- Do Not Adjust the Contrast — September
- Blackout Brunch — October
- Demonic Alien Containment Box — November
According to a post on Turning Point’s Facebook page, Demonic Alien Containment Box will be packaged in 500ml waxed bottles ($21) and will have have a eight bottle per person purchase limit when it goes on sale exclusively at the brewery on Nov. 23.