Tomorrow, Turning Point Beer is releasing a brand new barrel-aged stout that takes its name from a well-known Christmas movie.
The brand new creation is The Soft Glow of Electric Sex , a 15.6 percent ABV blend of imperial stouts aged in barrels for 13-16 months and conditioned on cacao nibs, hazelnuts and vanilla beans. The new beer’s name is taken from a thought that Ralphie—a major character in the movie A Christmas Story—has about a lamp in the shape of a woman’s leg that his father purchases for Christmas.
This will be the eighth barrel-aged stout to be sold in bottles by the Bedford, Texas-based brewery:
- Release The Krausen — March
- Endgame — April
- Laser Cannon Deth Sentence — June
- Blacker Than The Blackest Black Times Infinity — July
- Do Not Adjust the Contrast — September
- Blackout Brunch — October
- Demonic Alien Containment Box — November
- The Soft Glow of Electric Sex — December
According to a post on Turning Point’s Facebook page, The Soft Glow of Electric Sex will be packaged in 500ml waxed bottles ($21) and will have have a eight bottle per person purchase limit when it goes on sale exclusively at the brewery on Dec. 21.