Tomorrow is Trillium Brewing Co.’s fifth anniversary and as has been the case since it opened, there will be at least one special beer to commemorate the occasion.
The Boston-based brewery will be releasing Color & Grain: Oak & Chocolate, a 10.8 percent ABV imperial stout that has been conditioned on both chocolate and white oak. Trillium has released beers for each of its anniversaries since it opened in 2013:
- Wild Trillium — wild ale released for the brewery’s first anniversary in 2014
- Upper Case — double IPA released for the brewery’s second anniversary in 2015
- Dialed In — double IPA released for the brewery’s third anniversary in 2016
- The Streets — triple IPA released for the brewery’s fourth anniversary in 2017
- Color & Grain: Oak & Chocolate— imperial stout released for the brewery’s fifth anniversary in 2018
“We drew our inspiration from wood for this year’s anniversary beer, its natural beauty as well as its building and lasting strength, provides layers in the depth of character in a concentric annual growth cycle,” reads a post on Trillium’s Instagram page. “Color & Grain Imperial Stout Aged on Oak & Chocolate serves as an apt representation of our continued growth at our five year milestone.”
According to Trillium, Color & Grain: Oak & Chocolate will be packaged in 22-ounce bottles ($15.05) and will have a one bottle per person purchase limit when it is released at both of the brewery’s locations on March 21.