For Tired Hands Brewing Co., another Milkshake IPA release means incorporating a new fruit.
The Ardmore, Pa.-based brewery has just released Guava Milkshake IPA, a 7.5 percent ABV IPA brewed with oats, lactose sugar and wheat flour, hopped “intensely” with mosaic and citra hops and then conditioned on Madagascar vanilla beans and “heaps” of guava.
This is the sixth incarnation of Milkshake IPA to be released by Tired Hands:
- Milkshake IPA (7.2 percent ABV) — March
- Milkshake IPA (Blackberry/Blueberry) (7.4 percent ABV) — April
- Peach Milkshake IPA (7.2 percent ABV) — June
- Pineapple Milkshake IPA (7.2 percent ABV) — August
- Calamansi Milkshake IPA (7.2 percent ABV) — October
All five beers have been brewed in collaboration with or had input from Sweden-based brewery Omnipollo.
According to the brewery’s Instagram page, Guava Milkshake IPA was made available on tap at the Tired Hands Brew Café today.