There are a host of changes in store for fans of Surly Brewing Co., including two new year-round releases, four new variety packs and some popular beers in cans for the first time.
First, the Minneapolis-based brewery will be releasing two brand new year-round beers: Hopshifter IPA and +1 Golden Ale. While there are few details about either, we do know that they will both be packaged in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and are scheduled to be shipped to retailers in February and April respectively.
For the first time, Surly is releasing variety packs made up of three each of four different beers packaged in 12-ounce cans. There will be four variety packs released throughout the year, with each box including a release that is exclusive to that specific pack.
- Variety Pack #1 (February-April) — Furious, Hell, Xtra-Citra and 60 Below Rye IPA
- Variety Pack #2 (May-July) — Furious, Hell, Xtra-Citra and Heatslayer
- Variety Pack #3 (August-October) — Furious, Hell, Xtra-Citra and a beer to be announced
- Variety Pack #4 (November-December) — Furious, Hell, Xtra-Citra and two beers to be announced
In addition, the brewery is debuting a brand new series of beers made up of weird, wild fruits… from the Surly team” released each month packaged in four-packs of 16-ounce cans that will include some fan favorites:
- Citrus Xtra-Citra — June
- Unnamed Dry-Hopped Kettle Sour — July
- Frisson — August
- Unnamed Triple IPA — September
- Damien — October
- Furious Black — November
- Unnamed Stout — December
Surly’s special bottle list is also getting some changes, with three new releases, all packaged in 750ml bottles:
- Barrel-Aged Misanthrope — March
- Twelve — April
- Baow! — July
Finally, the brewery will be releasing two different collaborations: a beer with Iceland-based Kex Brewing this month packaged in 750ml bottles and another collaboration with J. Wakefield Brewing packaged in four-packs of 16-ounce cans that is scheduled to be released in May.