Stone Brewing Co.’s 2017 release calendar has been announced, and there are a number of surprises on the list.
First up for the Escondido, Calif.-based brewery are two new year-round IPAs, starting with Stone Ripper, a “San Diego pale ale” packaged in six-packs of 12-ounce cans that began shipping this month. The second new beer is Stone Tangerine Express IPA, an IPA brewed with both pineapples and tangerines packaged in 22-ounce bottles which is scheduled to ship in February.
There will also be two new seasonal releases, with the first being Jindia Pale Ale, a 8.9 percent ABV pale ale brewed with Cascade, Centennial and Magnum hops before being “instilled” with ginger root, juniper berry tincture and both lime and lemon peels packaged in six-packs of 12-ounce bottles that will be available from February-May. The second new addition will be Stone Ghost Hammer, an IPA packaged in six-packs of 12-ounce cans that will ship from June-September. Along with those, the already released Stone Mint Coffee Milk Stout will now be packaged in six-packs of 12-ounce cans that will be available between October and December nationwide.
Stone is also adding two new ongoing series of beers, with the first being Stone Hop Revolver IPA, an IPA brewed with Loral hops and will be packaged in 12-ounce bottles that are only available in Stone’s Mixed Packs that are shipping now through April.
The second new series of beers will consist of six new collaborations with various breweries around the world:
- Stone/Odell/Marble Megawheat — A collaboration with Marble Brewery in Albuquerque, N.M. brewed with three different hops: Mandarina Bavaria, Mosaic and Motueka
- Stone Give Me IPA Or Give Me Death — A collaboration with Ardent Craft Ales, Hardywood Park Craft Brewery and Terry McAuliffe, governor of Virginia is an 8 percent ABV IPA brewed with both blackberries and raspberries
- Stone/Maine Brewing Co. Days layer Imperial Pale Lager— A new collaboration packaged in 22-ounce bottles that are scheduled to ship in March
- Drew Curtis/Wil Wheaton/Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton W00tStout 2017 — The fifth release in the W00tStout series will be packaged in 22-ounce bottles and is scheduled to ship in July
- Stone/Beavertown/Garage Project Fruitallica IPA — A new collaboration packaged in 22-ounce bottles that is scheduled to ship in August
- Stone/Abnormal/AHA — An as-yet-unnamed collaboration that will be packaged in 22-ounce bottles that are scheduled to ship in September
Finally, Stone will be releasing four new beers in its Special Release Series, all packaged in 22-ounce bottles:
- Stone Ruinten Triple IPA w/Orange Peel & Vanilla Bean — June-September
- Stone Ruinten Triple IPA (Local Variant To Be Determined) — June-September
- Stone Spotlight Series — June-September
- Stone 21st Anniversary IPA — August-November