This week, Stone Brewing Co. is rereleasing one of its most groundbreaking creations.
The beer is Stone 02.02.02 Vertical Epic Ale, a 7.5 percent ABV imperial Belgian-style wit brewed with centennial hops, black pepper, coriander, Curacao orange peel and sweet orange peel. The wit was the first in what would become a “millennium-inspired” series made up of 11 different beers that were originally designed to be enjoyed together ten years in the future.
Stone 02.02.02 Vertical Epic Ale is being rereleased as part of Stone’s 20th Anniversary Encore Series, which, as the name implies, includes beers previously released being brought back to commemorate the Escondido, Calif.-based brewery’s 20th anniversary. There have been five different beers rereleased in the series so far:
- September 2015 — Stone 08.08.08 Vertical Epic Ale (8.9 percent ABV) packaged in 22-ounce bottles
- January 2016 — 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (9.2 percent ABV) packaged in 22-ounce bottles
- April 2016 — 6th Anniversary Porter (8 percent ABV) packaged in 22-ounce bottles
- July 2016 — Still Unapologetic IPA (8.8 percent ABV) packaged in 22-ounce bottles
- September 2016 — Stone 02.02.02 Vertical Epic Ale (7.5 percent ABV) packaged in 22-ounce bottles.
According to Stone’s marketing materials, 02.02.02 Vertical Epic Ale is packaged in 22-ounce bottles and is being released at retailers nationwide starting today.