For fans of Southern Tier Brewing Co.’s Pumking, this will be a very good year.
That is because in addition to the regular version of Pumking now packaged in smaller 500ml bottles being shipped in August, there will be four additional variants released throughout 2018. Pumking debuted in 2007 and is an 8.6 percent ABV imperial ale brewed with ale yeast, two different varieties of hops, two different malts, pumpkin and spices.
In an email, Nathan Arnone, brand manager for Southern Tier, told Tenemu that the five Pumking variants will be:
- Pumking 2018 — Imperial ale brewed with ale yeast, two different varieties of hops, two different malts, pumpkin and spices packaged in 500ml bottles being released in August
- Rum Barrel Aged Pumking 2018 — The newest release of the imperial pumpkin ale aged in rum barrels is now part of the brewery’s Barrel House Series and will be packaged in 500ml bottles
- Cold Press Coffee Pumking 2018 — Imperial pumpkin ale brewed with cold press coffee that will be packaged in four-packs of 12-ounce bottles as well as 500ml bottles
- Chai Tea Infused Pumking 2018 — Imperial pumpkin ale infused with chai tea that debuted last year at PumkingFest being released exclusively on draft
- Undisclosed Variant — This new variant is scheduled to be released during Pumkingfest 2018 on Sept. 22 and will then be available in limited quantities at the brewery’s retail locations
An email sent to the brewery for additional information was not returned.