For the second year in a row, Southern Tier Brewing Co. is adding a new dessert beer to its lineup.
According to a label filed with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), the Lakewood, N.Y.-based brewery will be releasing Thick Mint, a 10 percent ABV imperial stout brewed with mint and chocolate as well as other “natural flavors.”
“We made big waves when we introduced Choklat in 2007,” reads the beer label. “Since then, our affection for decadent, flavorful, dessert-like beers and a zeal to venture into the far corners of the flavor world, have been the drivers in our endless quest to brew the perfect indulgence.”
The new beer is part of Southern Tier’s Blackwater Series, which also includes:
- Choklat (10 percent ABV) — imperial stout brewed with chocolate
- Creme Brûlée (10 percent ABV) — imperial milk stout
- Choklat Oranj (10 percent ABV) — imperial stout brewed with chocolate and orange peels
- Warlock (10 percent ABV) — imperial stout
- Mocha (10 percent ABV) — imperial blended stout
- Salted Caramel (10 percent ABV) — imperial stout brewed with Himalayan pink sea salt and caramelized sugar
- Thick Mint (10 percent ABV) — imperial stout brewed with mint and chocolate
According to the beer label, Thick Mint will be packaged in both 22-ounce bottles. An email sent to the brewery for release date information and distribution details was not immediately returned.