Small Town Brewery has released beer based on root beer, American desserts and ginger ale, and now it is a classic southern beverage’s turn.
According to a label filed with Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), Small Town Brewery will be bottling Not Your Mom’s Iced Tea, a 5 percent ABV ale brewed with lemon juice and “the finest tea leaves from India.” Unlike most of the brewery’s variants, this version has not been released on draft.
The Wauconda, Ill.-based brewery was founded by Tim Kovac in 2010, who had been home brewing for over two decades and has released or announced six beers in the same vein:
- Not Your Father’s Root Beer (5.9 percent ABV)
- Not Your Father’s Ginger Ale (5.9 percent ABV)
- Not Your Father’s Vanilla Cream Ale (4.1 percent ABV)
- Not Your Mom’s Apple Pie Ale (5.5 percent ABV)
- Not Your Mom’s Strawberry Rhubarb (5.9 percent ABV)
- Not Your Mom’s Iced Tea (5 percent ABV)
According to the label, Not Your Mom’s Iced Tea will be packaged in 12-ounce bottles, although 12-ounce cans have followed all three previous released versions at later dates. An email sent to the brewery for additional information was not immediately returned.