A new collaboration beer from Side Project Brewing and Boulevard Brewing Co. is named after the French word for friends.
Copains is a 9.4 percent ABV “blended Missouri wild ale” that incorporates parts of Side Project’s Pulling Nails and Boulevard’s Love Child series of beers. The ale was blended in Dec. 2017 and bottle conditioned for close to five months before being released.
According to a post on Side Project’s website, the final blend is made up of five different beers, all of which have been aged between five-36 months:
- 30 percent Missouri flanders red from a French oak foedre (18 months old)
- 30 percent Raspberry Biere du Pays from a Missouri oak foedre (6 months old)
- 28 percent Missouri sour brown from a Missouri oak foedre (12 months old)
- 10 percent Méthode Traditionnelle Spontaneous from a 500l puncheon (36 months old)
- 2 percent imperial stout from a charred Missouri oak foedre (5 months old)
Copains is packaged in 750ml bottles ($30) and is scheduled to be released at Side Project on May 12. As has historically been the case, allocations will be based on the number of people who show up in order “to make sure that everyone can get an allocation of beer.”