Less than a month after Saint Arnold Brewing Co.’s Icon Gold started hitting shelves, information on the next Icon release has come to light.
According to filings with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), the next release in the Houston, Texas-based brewery’s Icon Series will be Icon Red American Roggenbier, a different take on the traditional roggenbier, in that it is hopped “like an American pale ale” with cascade and chinook hops”. In addition, the beer is brewed with “spicy, hearty” rye malt as well as German wizen yeast.
The Icon Series beers are available for about three months at a time and include interpretations of iconic beer styles as well as “more creative interpretations or melding of beer styles.”
Past releases have included:
- Icon Gold Belgian-style wit (5.2 percent ABV)
- Icon Red Belgian-style pale ale (6 percent ABV)
- Icon Blue Cascadian dark ale (7 percent ABV)
- Icon Green Amarillo hefeweizen (5.4 percent ABV)
- Icon Gold Bière de Saison (9 percent ABV)
- Icon Red Bohemian Pils (5.2 percent ABV)
- Icon Blue brown porter (5.1 percent ABV)
- Icon Green Texas common (6.7 percent ABV)
- Icon Gold mandarin wheat (5.5 percent ABV)
- Icon Red sorachi ace dubbel (7.9 percent ABV)
- Icon Blue rye IPA (7.8 percent ABV)
According to the beer label, the newest incarnation of Saint Arnold Icon Red will be packaged in 12-ounce bottles. An email sent to the brewery for additional details was not immediately returned.