Saint Arnold Brewing Co.’s newest Icon Red has a decidedly German flair.
The next release in the Houston, Texas-based brewery’s Icon Series will be Icon Red Altbier, a 5 percent ABV Düsseldorf-style altbier brewed with malt, yeast and perle hops all sourced from Germany.
Saint Arnold’s Icon Series beers are available for about three months at a time and include interpretations of iconic beer styles as well as “more creative interpretations or melding of beer styles.”
Past releases have included:
- Icon Red Altbier (5 percent ABV)
- Icon Gold Texas Honey Saison (6.4 percent ABV)
- Icon Green 7220 Pale Ale (6.1 percent ABV)
- Icon Blue Coffee Porter (6.2 percent ABV)
- Icon Red American Roggenbier (5.8 percent ABV)
- Icon Gold Belgian-style wit (5.2 percent ABV)
- Icon Red Belgian-style pale ale (6 percent ABV)
- Icon Blue Cascadian dark ale (7 percent ABV)
- Icon Green Amarillo hefeweizen (5.4 percent ABV)
- Icon Gold Bière de Saison (9 percent ABV)
- Icon Red Bohemian Pils (5.2 percent ABV)
- Icon Blue Brown Porter (5.1 percent ABV)
- Icon Green Texas Common (6.7 percent ABV)
- Icon Gold Mandarin Wheat (5.5 percent ABV)
- Icon Red Sorachi Ace Dubbel (7.9 percent ABV)
- Icon Blue Rye IPA (7.8 percent ABV)
In an email, Dennis Rhee, brewer at Saint Arnold, told Tenemu that the newest incarnation of Saint Arnold Icon Red will be packaged in six-packs of 12-ounce bottles and is scheduled to ship to retailers in Louisiana and Texas by mid-September.
Update (Aug. 18, 2016) — This post was updated to include details on the release date and packaging information. It was originally published on Aug. 3, 2016.