Revolution Brewing has proven that a hero comes in all shapes and sizes.
The Chicago, Ill.-based brewery has released Citra Hero in cans for the first time, a 7.5 percent ABV IPA that, as its name suggests, is brewed exclusively with Citra hops and “is exploding with citrusy flavors and aromas.” The IPA was first released packaged in 22-ounce bottles in 2014.
There are now six releases in Revolution’s Hero Series, which is made up of IPAs that show off specific hops:
- Jukebox Hero (7.5 percent ABV)
- Galaxy Hero (6.6 percent ABV)
- Crystal Hero (7.2 percent ABV)
- CItra Hero (7.5 percent ABV)
- Local Hero (6.5 percent ABV)
- Mosaic Hero (7 percent ABV)
According to a post on Revolution’s Instagram page, 12-ounce cans of Citra Hero are available now at the brewery and is scheduled to begin shipping to retailers in the brewery’s distribution network starting next week.