It might be a little late, but New Glarus Brewing Co.’s newest Thumbprint Series release is now on shelves in Wisconsin.
The beer is Berliner Weisse 2017, a 5 percent ABV berliner weisse-syle ale that is brewed with Wisconsin white wheat and “five proprietary yeast strains” before being fermented in barrels with Riesling grapes. While it has been released a multitude of times over the years, the beer is now part of the New Glarus, Wis.-based brewery’s Thumbprint Series, which is made of up beers that head brewer Dan Carey brews at various times each year.
According to New Glarus’ 2017 Release Calendar, Berliner Weisse was scheduled to ship in mid-April, and there will be a total of seven different Thumbprint releases this year:
- Scream IIPA — Year-Round
- Apple Ale — January – Mid-March
- Enigma — January – Mid-May
- Strawberry Rhubarb — Mid-February – Mid-July
- Berliner Weisse — Mid-April – Mid-September
- Cherry Stout — Mid-June – Mid-December
- Spotted Cow Grand Cru — Mid-August – December
The newest incarnation of Berliner Weisse is packaged in four-packs of 12-ounce bottles and is shipping to retailers across the state of Wisconsin now.