New Belgium Brewing Co.’s next Victory Ranger variant is going nuclear.
Voodoo Ranger Special Release Atomic Pumpkin is a 6.4 percent ABV ale brewed with pumpkin, Saigon cinnamon, habanero chilies and nugget hops.
“Atomic Pumpkin is a twist on pumpkin ale for beer drinkers who like some heat,” said Bryan Simpson, public relations director for New Belgium, in a press release. “Classic fall flavors like pumpkin pie and cinnamon offer a sweet counterpart to the fiery peppers, making it a great, full-flavored beer for the crisp autumn weather.”
The IPA is the fifth release in New Belgium’s Victory Ranger Series that has been released or announced:
- Voodoo Ranger IPA (7 percent ABV) — IPA brewed with Amarillo and Mosaic hops packaged in 12-ounce bottles
- Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA (9 percent ABV) — imperial IPA brewed with Bravo, Calypso, Delta and Mosaic hops packaged in 12-ounce bottles
- Voodoo Ranger 8 Hop Ale (5.5 percent ABV) — pale brewed with eight different hops packaged in 12-ounce cans and 12-ounce bottles
- Voodoo Ranger Juicy Mandarina IPA (6.5 percent ABV) — wheat IPA brewed with Galaxy and Mandarina Bavaria hops packaged in 12-ounce bottles
- Voodoo Ranger Special Release Atomic Pumpkin (6.4 percent ABV) — ale brewed with pumpkin, cinnamon and habanero chilies packaged in 12-ounce bottles
According to a press release, Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin will be packaged in 12-ounce bottles and is shipping to all markets in New Belgium’s distribution network now through October.