When it comes to releasing new beers, New Belgum Brewing is not holding back.
The Fort Collins, Colo.-based brewery will be releasing a total of seven new beers in roughly the next two months, including two IPAs, two pale ales, two golden ales, a sour ale and a pilsner.
“This is our most ambitious portfolio reimagining since our beginnings,” said Bryan Simpson, New Belgium spokesperson, in an email sent to Tenemu. “We’ve got a lot of excitement, momentum, and energy coming out of the pilot system and that makes for a bounty of great beers with interesting twists. We are very much back into experimentation and risk taking and that is hugely energizing for the whole brewery. 2017 is shaping up to be an awesome year for drinking beer.”
All of the new beers are scheduled to be on shelves by the end of January 2017, and include:
- Voodoo Ranger IPA (7 percent ABV) — IPA brewed with Amarillo and Mosaic hops packaged in 12-ounce bottles
- Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA (9 percent ABV) — imperial IPA brewed with Bravo, Calypso, Delta and Mosaic hops packaged in 12-ounce bottles
- Voodoo Ranger 8 Hop Ale (5.5 percent ABV) — pale brewed with eight different hops packaged in 12-ounce cans and 12-ounce bottles
- Dayblazer Easygoing Ale (4.8 percent ABV) — golden ale that will be packaged in 12-, 15-, and 24-count 12-ounce cans as well as 24-ounce cans
- Citradelic Exotic Lime Ale (5.3 percent ABV) — golden ale brewed with Persian lime coriander and cracked black pepper packaged exclusively in 12-ounce bottles
- Tartastic Lemon Ginger Sour Ale (4.8 percent ABV) — tank soured ale packaged in 12-ounce cans and 12-ounce bottles
- New Belgium Bohemian Pilsner (4.8 percent ABV) — pilsner packaged in 12-ounce bottles
According to New Belgium, three of the brewery’s beers will be retired to make room for the new releases: Snapshot Wheat, Slow Ride Session IPA and Shift Pale Lager.