Modern Times Beer has some significant changes to its lineup next year, including adding a new year-round option, releasing a number of new beers and retiring a fan favorite.
The big news is the retirement of City of the Dead, a 7.5 percent ABV export stout brewed with house-roasted, bourbon barrel-aged coffee beans. The stout debuted in 2015 and was packaged in 22-ounce bottles.
In addition, the San Diego-based brewery will be adding Orderville IPA to its year-round lineup packaged in 16-ounce cans, while Space Ways IPA will replace Critical Band IPA in its seasonal lineup available from September-November, also in 16-ounce cans.
Finally, there will be 12 new monthly releases, with packaging alternating between 16-ounce cans and 22-ounce bottles starting with cans in January:
- January — Nitro City of the Dead With Cacao, Almonds and Sea Salt
- February — Havnor IPA brewed with Mosaic, Chinook, Simcoe and Nugget hops
- March — Fraxos IPA brewed with Citra and Simcoe hops
- April — Tortuga Berliner brewed with tangerines and soursops
- May — Avalon IPA brewed with London yeast
- June — Citadel IPA
- July — Ice pilsner
- August — Lutari Berliner brewed with stone fruit
- September — Dymaxion pale ale brewed with New Zealand hops
- October — Membata stout brewed with house-roasted coffee
- November —Bedrock nitro brown ale brewed with coffee
- December — Sula gose brewed with raspberries and blackberries