Lakewood Brewing Co.’s next entry in its Legendary Series will be its hoppiest release ever.
The new beer is named Troll Toll, a 9.6 percent ABV double IPA that is brewed with Amarillo, Cascade, chinook, Citra, CTZ, lemondrop and Simcoe hops before being dry-hopped with Amarillo, Citra and Simcoe hops.
Troll Toll is the seventh release in Lakewood’s Legendary Series, which began in 2013 and includes “specially brewed beers inspired by Belgian and local mythologies:”
- Brabo’s Cut Belgian-style dark ale (9.4 percent ABV) — March 2013
- La Dame Du Lac biere de garde (7.5 percent ABV) — May 2013
- Goatman India black lager (9.3 percent ABV) — September 2013
- Antigoon’s Revenge Belgian-style golden ale (12.4 percent ABV) — March 2014
- Bokkenrijders dopplesticke alt (8.5 percent ABV) — October 2014
- Saint Dymphna Belgian-style tripel (8.6 percent ABV) — June 2015
- Troll Toll double IPA (9.6 percent ABV)
According to Craig Bradley, creative director at Lakewood, Troll Toll will be packaged in 22-ounce bottles, while a press release indicates that the beer will be available at retailers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area starting on June 13.
Update (March 29, 2016) — This post was updated to include brewing details. It was originally published on March 28, 2016.
Update (June 11, 2016) — This post was edited to include information on the release date.