J. Wakefield Brewing has a huge present in store for fans this holiday season.
The Miami-based brewery will be releasing seven different beers the week before Christmas, six of which are collaborations and six of which are aged in various types of barrels.
The first beer is Even More Nuts, a 12 percent ABV imperial stout brewed with “loads” of hazel nuts, macadamia nuts, and pecans that was brewed in collaboration with Brooklyn, N.Y.-based Evil Twin Brewing. In an email, Alex Gutierrez, brand director at J. Wakefield, told Tenemu that the new stout is “built off a collaborative grain bill from both John and Jeppe”, and is not a blend of the two brewery’s beers.
In addition, there will be six other beers released:
- Here Kitty Kitty — Imperial stout aged in brandy barrels with Kopi Luwak coffee added in collaboration with Dulles, Va-based Ocelot Brewing Co.
- PB&Gains — Imperial Stout brewed with chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla in collaboration with Cambridge, Md.-based RAR Brewing
- Barrel Aged Brush — Imperial stout brewed with ancho chilis, cocoa nibs, hazelnut coffee, marshmallow and vanilla beans in collaboration with Omnipollo
- Brandy Barrel Aged Harbinger — Imperial stout brewed with coffee and hazelnuts
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Gimme S’more — Imperial stout brewed with cocoa nibs, graham crackers and marshmallows in collaboration with RAR Brewing
- Atomik Apple — Imperial sour ale brewed with Hidden Rose apples in collaboration with RAR Brewing
According to Gutierrez, while pricing and purchase limits are still being finalized, all seven beers will be packaged in 750ml bottles when they are released on Dec. 16, and Even More Nuts will be priced between $30 and $40 per bottle.