Four months after Hill Farmstead Brewery released its first Works of Love collaboration with Anchorage-based Anchorage Brewing Co., a second version is ready.
The latest incarnation in the collaboration series is Works of Love: Anchorage Brewing, an ale brewed with malted barley, organic oats, wheat and organic buckwheat. According to the Greensboro, Vt.-based brewery, the beer was fermented in oak foudres and aged in wine barrels before being dry-hopped with Mandarina Bavaria hops and bottled.
The Works of Love Series are meant to showcase “collaborations at Hill Farmstead with friends,” and past releases have included:
- Works Of Love: Earl Grey Tea, a 3.7 percent ABV “hoppy blonde ale” brewed with earl grey tea and dry hopped with Amarillo, Citra and centennial hops that was a collaboration with U.K.-based Siren Craft Brew
- Works of Love 2013: De Molen, an imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels brewed in collaboration with Netherlands-based Brouwerij De Molen
- Works of Love: Brasserie Thiriez, a barrel-feremented wheat and oat ale aged in oak barrels in collaboration with France-based Brasserie Thiriez
- Works of Love: Anchorage Brewing, a farmhouse ale that was fermented on freshly chopped apples in collaboration with Alaska-based Anchorage Brewing Co.
- Works of Love: Cigar City Brewing, a Belgian-inspired brown ale in collaboration with Tampa, Florida-based Cigar City Brewing
- Works of Love: Anchorage Brewing, an ale brewed with buckwheat, fermented in oak foudres and aged in wine barrels before being dry-hopped with Mandarina Bavaria hops
According to a post on Hill Farmstead’s website, Works of Love: Anchorage Brewing is packaged in 750ml bottles ($30) and will have a two bottle per person limit when it goes on sale at Hill Farmstead on May 18.