Six months after being brewed, Hill Farmstead Brewery’s newest Works of Love beer is ready.
The latest incarnation in the collaboration series is Works of Love: Cigar City Brewing, and as the name indicates, it is a Belgian-inspired brown ale brewed at Hill Farmstead in November 2015 with brewers from Tampa, Fla.-based Cigar City Brewing. According to a post on Hill Farmstead’s website, the beer was fermented in an oak tank before being conditioned in wine barrels and bottled.
The Works of Love Series are meant to showcase “collaborations at Hill Farmstead with friends,” and past releases have included:
- Works Of Love: Earl Grey Tea, a 3.7 percent ABV “hoppy blonde ale” brewed with earl grey tea and dry hopped with Amarillo, Citra and centennial hops that was a collaboration with U.K.-based Siren Craft Brew
- Works of Love 2013: De Molen, an imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels brewed in collaboration with Netherlands-based Brouwerij De Molen
- Works of Love: Brasserie Thiriez, a barrel-feremented wheat and oat ale aged in oak barrels in collaboration with France-based Brasserie Thiriez
- Works of Love: Anchorage Brewing, a farmhouse ale that was fermented on freshly chopped apples in collaboration with Alaska-based Anchorage Brewing Co.
- Works of Love: Cigar City Brewing, a Belgian-inspired brown ale in collaboration with Tampa, Florida-based Cigar City Brewing
Works of Love: Cigar City Brewing is packaged in 375ml bottles ($15) and will have a two bottle per person limit when it goes on sale at Hill Farmstead today.