One of Heavy Seas’ signature releases is returning next month, but with an added ingredient.
The Baltimore, Md.-based brewery will once again be releasing Yule Tide, a 9 percent ABV wizen dopplebock brewed with 2-row, wheat, Munich, cara wheat, dark crystal and chocolate malts along with styrian aurora and tettnang hops before being aged in Jamaican rum barrels for six weeks.
However, unlike in years past, the release will also include gingerbread.
Yule Tide was first released as part of the brewery’s Mutiny Fleet Series before being moved to the Uncharted Water Series in 2014, joining five other beers:
- Blackbeard’s Breakfast (10 percent ABV), an imperial coffee porter aged in bourbon barrels that is available in May-June
- Phantom Ship, a Belgian-style tripel (9.5 percent ABV) that will be available from March-April
- Siren Noire (9.5 percent ABV), an imperial chocolate stout available in January-February
- Great’ER Pumpkin (10 percent ABV), a bourbon barrel-aged pumpkin ale available from September-October
- Red Sky at Morning, (10 percent ABV), Belgian-style saison aged in Chardonnay wine barrels available from July-August
According to Christine Shaffer, pr and communications for Heavy Seas Beer, Yule Tide will be available from November to December packaged in 22-ounce bottles in all 18 states where the brewery is distributed.