The second release in Gigantic Brewing Co.’s Hellboy Beer Series is being released next weekend.
Hellboy: Liz Sherman is a 6.6 percent “mole chili stout” brewed with chili peppers and chocolate. This will be the second release in Gigantic Brewing’s Hellboy Beer Series, which is made up of a series of beers commemorating Dark Horse Comic’s Hellboy comic book title turning 25 years old.
The Portland, Ore.-based brewery’s series will span six different beers, each of which will limited to 666 cases that are scheduled to be released approximately every seven weeks. Each of the six beers will be named after a character from the four-issue comic book mini-series named Hellboy: Seed of Destruction that debuted in March 1994, and each release will also feature artwork from Mike Mignola.
- Hellboy (6.66 percent ABV) — Maple syrup pancake beer — March 15, 2019
- Liz Sherman (6.66 percent ABV) — Mole chili stout — April 27, 2019
- Johann Kraus (6.66 percent ABV) — Citrus wit beer
- Abe Sapien (6.66 percent ABV) — Indigo blue fruit ale
- Blood Queen (6.66 percent ABV) — Cranberry yuzu sour
- Trevor Bruttenholm (9.66 percent ABV) — British barleywine
According to a post on Gigantic’s website, Hellboy: Liz Sherman Mole Chili Stout is packaged in 500ml bottles and will be released on April 27 during an event at the brewery with at two bottle per person purchase limit. Bottles of each of the beers will also be available in “select locations across the U.S.”