Dark Horse Comic’s Hellboy title is turning 25 years old, and to commemorate the occasion the company has teamed up with Gigantic Brewing Co. to produce a series of beers inspired by the comic book.
Gigantic’s Hellboy Beer Series will span six different beers, each of which will limited to 666 cases that are scheduled to be released approximately every seven weeks. Each of the six beers will be named after a character from the four-issue comic book mini-series named Hellboy: Seed of Destruction that debuted in March 1994, and each release will also feature artwork from Mike Mignola.
The first beer will be the appropriately named Hellboy, a 6.66 percent ABV “maple syrup pancake breakfast beer” that will be packaged in 500ml bottles. It will be followed by five additional beers:
- Hellboy – Maple syrup pancake beer (6.66 percent ABV)
- Liz Sherman – Mole chili stout (6.66 percent ABV)
- Johann Kraus – Citrus wit beer (6.66 percent ABV)
- Abe Sapien – Indigo blue fruit ale (6.66 percent ABV)
- Blood Queen – Cranberry yuzu sour (6.66 percent ABV)
- Trevor Bruttenholm – British barleywine (9.99 percent ABV)
According to a post on Gigantic’s website, Hellboy will be released on March 15 during an offsite event during Seattle’s Emerald City Comic Con. Bottles of each of the beers will also be available in “select locations across the U.S.”