There are a number of changes in store for Funky Buddha Brewery this year, including a new year-round release, a totally new series of beers and a long-time draft-only fan favorite being bottled for the first time.
First is a brand new year-round beer named Vibin’ IPA, a 5.8 percent IPA brewed with both Citra and Mosaic hops that will be debut in March packaged in 12-ounce cans and bottles.
Next is the addition of No Crusts Peanut Butter & Jelly Brown Ale to the xx-based brewery’s Limited Core Series, a long-time draft-only 6.4 percent ABV brown ale that is being packaged for the first time in four-packs of 12-ounce bottles. In addition, Last Snow porter will also be moved to the new packaging. Both beers will be released twice this year, with No Crusts seeing shelves in April and November while Last Snow will be shipped to retailers in February and September.
Funky Buddha will also be adding a brand new series of seasonal releases named the Goodness Series, which will include “new experiment beers along with a couple highly-acclaimed favorites.” Each beer will be released in three-month intervals packaged in four-packs of 12-ounce bottles.
- Huki Idol Tropical IPA — double IPA brewed with passionfruit and lime juice and dry-hopped with Mosaic hops and real mint — February-April
- Key Lime Pie Tart — tart wheat ale brewed with key lime juice and vanilla — May-July
- Sticky Treats — rice blonde ale with vanilla — August-October
- French Toast — double brown ale brewed with maple syrup and cinnamon — November-January 2019
The brewery’s Little Buddha Small Batch Series is also adding three new beers packaged in 22-ounce bottles, and changing the release scheduled from monthly to bi-monthly.
- I Want It Now! — gose brewed with tropical fruits and kettle salts —March
- Black Currant Tripel Lindy — Belgian-style tripel infused with black currants — July
- Save Some Room For Later — double brown ale with coconut and chocolate — September
Funky Buddha is also expanding its Living Barrel Series, which is made up of barrel-aged beers packaged in 22-ounce bottles:
- The Love Below — cabernet and bourbon double barrel-aged imperial stout with cherries and chocolate added — February
- Morning Wood — bourbon barrel-aged imperial Maple Bacon Coffee Porter — October
- Mexican Coffee — tequila barrel-aged imperial stout with coffee and cinnamon — April
- Last Buffalo in the Park — bourbon barrel-aged imperial Last Snow — December
Finally, all five of the brewery’s core brands will be packaged in both six- and 12-packs of 12-ounce cans starting in February, wth 16-ounce for both Hop Gun IPA and Floridian Hefeweizen arriving “shortly thereafter.”