Next month, a Founders Brewing Co. creation that was released in 2016 to benefit ArtPrize will be the next addition to the brewery’s Mothership Series.
Mothership Series #8: Pale Joe is 5.4 percent ABV pale ale brewed with “a special blend of high-end Ethiopian coffee” sourced from Ferris Coffee and Nut. The ale was the forth beer that Founders released to benefit ArtPrize, the world’s largest art competition that is held annually in the brewery’s hometown of Grand Rapids, Mich.
Pale Joe will be the eighth addition in Founders’ Mothership Series, which consists of releases that have been “brought out of retirement” or “experimental new styles” and will be available for carryout exclusively at the brewery’s taprooms in six-packs of 12-ounce bottles:
- Mothership Series #1: Red Rye IPA (6.6 percent ABV) — February 2018 — IPA brewed with imported Belgian caramel malts and dry-hopped with Amarillo hops
- Mothership Series #2: Sleeper Cell (10.8 percent ABV) — April 2018 — Double IPA brewed with “an intense dose” of five different hop varieties
- Mothership Series #3: MF Donkey Stout (6.4 percent ABV) — September 2018 — Stout brewed with Mackinac Fudge coffee sourced from Ferris Coffee & Nut
- Mothership Series #4: Panther Cub — December 2018 — Porter aged in a combination of BLIS maple syrup bourbon barrels and regular bourbon barrels for “over two years” with whole vanilla beans
- Mothership Series #5: Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout — January 2019 — Imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels
- Mothership Series #6: Cerise — April 2019 — sour ale brewed with Michigan cherries
- Mothership Series #7: Mucho Lupu — June 2019 — IPA brewed with Amarillo, Azacca, Mosaic and Simcoe hops
- Mothership Series #8: Pale Joe — August 2019 — Pale ale with Ethiopian coffee
According to a post on Founders’ website, Mothership Series #8: Pale Joe will be packaged in six-packs of 12-ounce bottles ($10) and is scheduled to be released exclusively at both of the brewery’s taprooms in Detroit and Grand Rapids, Mich. on Aug. 8.