The latest addition to Founders Brewing Co.’s newest series is one that might look familiar to long-time fans.
Mothership Series #6: Cerise is a sour ale brewed with 100 percent tart Michigan cherries. As the name suggests, the new beer is the same as a beer which debuted in 2010 before being discontinued in 2013 due to a “devastating’ cherry crop.
The Mothership Series #6: Cerise will be the sixth addition in the Grand Rapids, Mich.-based Mothership Series, which consists of releases that have been “brought out of retirement” or “experimental new styles” and will be available for carryout exclusively at the brewery’s taprooms in six-packs of 12-ounce bottles:
- Mothership Series #1: Red Rye IPA (6.6 percent ABV) — February 2018 — IPA brewed with imported Belgian caramel malts and dry-hopped with Amarillo hops
- Mothership Series #2: Sleeper Cell (10.8 percent ABV) — April 2018 — Double IPA brewed with “an intense dose” of five different hop varieties
- Mothership Series #3: MF Donkey Stout (6.4 percent ABV) — September 2018 — Stout brewed with Mackinac Fudge coffee sourced from Ferris Coffee & Nut
- Mothership Series #4: Panther Cub — December 2018 — Porter aged in a combination of BLIS maple syrup bourbon barrels and regular bourbon barrels for “over two years” with whole vanilla beans
- Mothership Series #5: Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout — January 2019 — Imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels
- Mothership Series #6: Cerise — April 2019 — sour ale brewed with Michigan cherries
According to a post on Founders’ website, Mothership Series #6: Cerise will be packaged in six-packs of 12-ounce bottles and is scheduled to be released exclusively at both of the brewery’s taprooms in Detroit and Grand Rapids, Mich. on April 19.