Fonta Flora Brewery has announced some changes for prospective members of next year’s Appalachian Wild Ale Society, as well as an interesting way to apply.
The first big change compared to the 2017 Appalachian Wild Ale Society is the application process itself: instead of using a lottery like it did for this year’s members, Fonta Flora is asking prospective members to email them “an entry letter, video, powerpoint, or what have you, of why you want to become a member.”
Another difference in the 2018 program is the membership cost, which will increase from $200 to $225, which will “be used towards funding the permanent conservation of our new brewery, Whippoorwill Farm,” according to the brewery. In addition, there will be six exclusive members beers compared to only two this year.
Each membership will include:
- Six 750ml bottles composed of three different Appalachian Wild Ale Society exclusive blends
- First right of purchase for most Appalachian Wild Ale releases
- A 10 percent discount on non-alcohol purchases in the tasting room
- Appalachian Wild Ale Society membership card
- Appalachian Wild Ale Society members only lines when picking up beers
- Members exclusive party at Fonta Flora farm location
- Option to purchase membership swag that will be offered throughout the year
As was the case last year, members will be allowed to assign a trustee to pick up their beers and each membership will run from the date of purchase to Dec. 31, 2018.
Application emails should be sent to [email protected] by Dec. 25.