We now know the blend components of Firestone Walker Brewing Co.’s newest anniversary ale.
As the name suggests, Anniversary Ale XX is a 13.8 percent ABV ale packaged in 22-ounce bottles ($23.99) and is scheduled to be released at Firestone Walker’s XX Anniversary party taking place on Oct. 29 at the brewery. According to Firestone Walker, the final product is a blend of five different beers coming from 250 oak barrels and includes:
- Parabola — Russian imperial oatmeal stout — 40 percent of final blend
- Stick Monkee — “Central Coast Quad” brewed with Belgian candi and Mexican turbinado sugar — 20 percent of final blend
- Velvet Merkin — traditional oatmeal stout— 17.5 percent of final blend
- Bravo— imperial brown ale — 12.5 percent of final blend
- Helldorado — blonde barleywine — 10 percent of final Blend
In 2006, Firestone Walker released a limited edition oak-aged strong ale named Firestone Walker X to commemorate its 10th anniversary which was composed of seven different barrel-aged beers that were then blended together. Since that first release, a new anniversary beer has been released every year that blends together different base beers in varying ratios to produce totally unique releases. In fact, each of the beers used for the anniversary releases have been aged, albeit for different times and in different barrels or stainless steel.
In an email, Sean Weir, spokesperson for Firestone Walker, told Tenemu that the release of Firestone Walker XX Anniversary Ale will consist of approximately 3,500 cases and is scheduled to be shipped to retailers in the brewery’s distribution network “a week or so after the party.” Historically, cases of Firestone Walker’s Anniversary Ales have included six individually boxed bottles instead of the standard 12.