Fans of Firestone Walker Brewing Co.’s Helldorado will be able to buy it again this summer, albeit in smaller bottles.
The Pasa Robles, Calif.-based brewery will be releasing the 2017 incarnation of Helldorado, its 12.8 percent ABV “blonde barley wine” ale that has long been a key component in its annual Anniversary releases. While the beer has been available on draft for years, it was first packaged in 22-ounce bottles in 2015 and released again last year. In addition, while Helldorado and the other members of the Proprietor’s Vintage Series have historically been packaged in 22-ounce bottles, all of the releases will be sold in smaller 12-ounce bottles in 2017.
Helldorado will join five other beers in Firestone Walker’s yearly bottle releases of the Proprietor’s Vintage Series, two of which have already been released:
- Bravo — barrel-aged imperial brown ale (13.5 percent ABV) — February
- Parabola — Russian imperial stout (14.5 percent ABV) — March
- Stickee Monkee — central coast quadrupel (13.4 percent ABV) — May
- Velvet Merkin — barrel-aged oatmeal stout (8.5 percent ABV)
- Helldorado — imperial blonde ale (13.2 percent ABV) — August
- Anniversary Release
According to a label filed with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), Helldorado 2017 will be packaged in 12-ounce bottles, and there will only be 9,500 cases produced. In addition, a comment by Firestone Walker on a Facebook post indicates the beer will be released in in August.
An email sent to the brewery with additional questions was not returned.