Firestone Walker Brewing Co. has announced that §ucaba has been released again.
§ucaba is a 13.4 percent ABV English barleywine brewed with munton’s pale, crisp maris otter pale, Munich, dark and light crystal and chocolate malts along with spalter select hops before being aged in bourbon barrels.
Originally released in 2008, §ucaba is part of Firestone Walker’s Proprietor’s Vintage Series, which also includes:
- Parabola — Russian imperial stout (14 percent ABV)
- Stickee Monkee — central coast quadrupel (13.4 percent ABV)
- Velvet Merkin — barrel-aged oatmeal stout (8.5 percent ABV)
- Helldorado — imperial blonde ale (13.2 percent ABV)
- §ucaba — English barleywine (13.4 percent ABV)
According to the Firestone Walker website, this year’s rendition of §ucaba is packaged in 22-ounce bottles ($16.99) and has a limit of three bottles per person when it goes on sale at the brewery today. After today, bottles will hit “limited distribution” around the country.