FiftyFifty Brewing Co. has announced the variants for its popular Eclipse imperial stout, and there are some surprises on the list.
For the 10th year in a row, the Truckee, Calif.-based brewery will release multiple incarnations of the same base beer aged in multiple barrels and with different adjusts. This year, there are 10 different versions of the popular stout, with two of those only being available by purchasing futures.
The 10 different versions of the 2016 Imperial Eclipse Stout are:
- Eclipse Apple-Brandy Barrel
- Eclipse Buffalo Trace Barrel
- Eclipse Elijah-Craig 12-Year Barrel
- Eclipse Woodford Reserve Bourbon Barrel
- Eclipse Old Forester Bourbon Barrel
- Eclipse Grand-Cru Bourbon Barrel
- Coffee Eclipse Barrel Blend
- Vanilla Eclipse Barrel Blend
- Eclipse Rye Cuvee Barrel Blend*
- Cherry Eclipse Barrel Blend*
In addition, for the first time in the brewery’s history, 3l Jeroboams will be offered via futures for the Eclipse Woodford Reserve Bourbon Barrel, Eclipse Grand-Cru Bourbon Barrel and Vanilla Eclipse Barrel Blend versions.
Futures for the 2016 Eclipse variants went on sale this morning, the beers are typically related in December.
Update (April 18, 2016) — Updated now that futures are on sale. This story was originally published on April 3.