DuClaw Brewing Co.’s newest addition to its eXile Series was inspired by its brewer’s Jim Wagner’s obsession with barbecue.
The beer is X-11: Mesquite Smoked Brown Ale, a 6 percent ABV brown ale brewed with Galena hops as well as chocolate, crystal, pale and wheat mesquite-smoked malts. The new limited beer is the 11th release in DuClaw’s eXile Series, which started back in 2012 and is a collection of “small-batch, experimental brewed designed to let us flex our brewing muscles, explore the unknown, and possibly discover new brews to add to our line-up.”
Get it while it’s hot! Our X-11 Mesquite Smoked Brown Ale is now available in 22oz bottles. #DuClaw pic.twitter.com/hmh1XbKKlt
- X-1: Imperial Chocolate Rye Porter (7.7 percent ABV)
- X-2: Imperial Wit (7.8 percent ABV)
- X-3: Belgian Pale Ale
- X-4: Macchiato Milk Stout (6.3 percent ABV)
- X-5: Sorachi Ace IPA (7.2 percent ABV)
- X-6: Winter Warmer Wit (6.4 percent ABV)
- X-7: Imperial Amber Ale (7.2 percent ABV)
- X-8: Spiced Winter Warmer (7.5 percent ABV)
- X-9: 865cc Coffee Stout (6.2 percent ABV)
- X-10: Saison Brewed With Cantaloupe (6 percent ABV)
- X- 11: Mesquite Smoked Brown Ale (6 percent ABV)
According to a post on DuClaw’s Twitter page, X- 11: Mesquite Smoked Brown Ale is packaged in 22-ounce bottles and was released yesterday.