One of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery’s most popular beers is getting a new variant.
The new version is Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout, an imperial stout aged in oak conditioned on Madagascar vanilla beans that incorporates the Milton, Del.-based brewery’s World Wide Stout (18 percent ABV) as its base.
While there have been multiple incarnations of World Wide Stout since it was introduced in 2002, none—except the base beer—have been bottled.
The new beer will join six other releases in Dogfish Head’s Occasionals lineup, which as the name suggests, is made up of beers that are available every year at different times:
- Olde School Barleywine – January-February
- Saison du BUFF — March-April
- 120 Minute IPA — April-May
- Festina Pêche —May-August
- Lupu-luaü IPA —July-August
- Oak-aged Vanilla World Wide Stout —August-October
- Pennsylvania Tuxedo —October-November
- 120 Minute IPA —November-December
According to Dogfish Head’s 2017 release calendar, Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout will be packaged in 12-ounce bottles and is scheduled to ship to retailers nationwide in August.