Deschutes Brewery is making it easier for a small number of fans to get its most sought-after beers, but you will have to be chosen in a lottery to get them.
The Bend, Ore.-based brewery has announced the Reserve Club, a $200 membership program that will consist of “hand-selected reserve beers and access to barrel-aged beer that no one else has.” According to a post on Deschutes’ website, the inaugural year of the club is being limited to 200 people that the brewery has dubbed Reserve Club Pioneers.
“We brew and age a lot of damn tasty beer,” reads a post on Deschutes website. “Our Reserve program beers are sought after and can be hard to get your hands on. So, we’re making it easy for you.”
According to Deschutes, the members of the Reserve Club will receive:
- 12 bottles per year of “single and small batch barrel aged beer” broken into two separate fulfillments: six bottles will be released in October, while the remaining six bottles will be released in April 2020
- Priority access to new small batch releasesHand-picked vintage Reserve Series beers
- Two tours per year at Deschutes Brewery in Bend for each member and up to three additional guests
- Two complimentary Sample Trays per year at either the Bend Tasting Room, Bend Pub, or Portland Pub in the Pearl District
- Pickup socials with special barrel tastings, food pairings, meet and greet with brewers, and member only discounts available on additional beer purchases. Tentative dates for the first pickup socials are October 19th, 2019 in Bend, and November 2nd, 2019 in Portland
- Ability for members to purchase additional special releases or vintage Reserve Series beers
Interested parties can enter a lottery by submitting their information at this website any time between now and Aug. 19 at noon. Winners will be notified and provided with registration details on Aug. 20 and members can designate a trustee to pick up beer in their place.