What is more impressive than a billionaire? Next month, Clown Shoes Beer will have the answer.
The Boston-based company will be releasing ’Nillionaire, an 11 percent ABV English-style barleywine that has been aged in rum barrels with Tahitian vanilla beans for approximately three months.
This will be the fifth incarnation of Billionaire, an English-style barleywine which was first released in 2014 for the Clown Shoes’ fourth anniversary.
- Billionaire (12 percent ABV) — Aged in Rémy Martin barrels
- Pierre Ferrand Billionaire (12 percent ABV) — Aged in 30-year-old Pierre Ferrand barrels
- Bluegrass Billionaire (11 percent ABV) — Aged in bourbon barrels
- Trillionaire (11 percent ABV) — Aged in Berniach Heart of Speyside scotch barrels
- ’Nillionaire (11 percent ABV) — Aged in rum barrels with Tahitian vanilla beans
In an email, Bryan Doran, director of sales and development at Clown Shoes, told Tenemu ’Nillionaire will be packaged in 22-ounce bottles that are scheduled to be shipped across the brewery’s distribution network in “early February.”
Update (Jan. 15, 2018) — This post was updated to include details on the release date, distribution details and brewing information. It was originally published on Jan. 8, 2018.