There’s two more anniversary exclusives in honor of City Beer Store’s 10 years.
Today, Chico, Calif.-based Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is releasing Sierra Nevada City Beer 10 Year Anniversary Ale, a milk stout brewed with lactose, chicory and coffee before being aged for six months in bourbon barrels.
According to the brewery, the beer was inspired by New Orleans iced coffee and is packaged in 22-ounce bottles.
On Friday, Sante Adairius Rustic Ales will be releasing Southern Sunrise, a 7.6 percent ABV beer that is a “blend of a few different barrel-aged saisons ranging in age from 3-9 months, blended, then re-barreled on about a pound per gallon of peach purée for 4 more months,” according to Jason Hanson, head brewer at the Capitola, Calif.-based brewery. The new beer will be packaged in 750ml bottles and will only be sold at City Beer Store and the brewery.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, San Francisco-based City Beer Store will release five different beers from five different breweries each day this week:
- Monday — Almanac Beer Co. — Tropical Platypus (6 percent ABV) — sour ale aged in red wine barrels and conditioned on kiwi, lime, mango and passionfruit and dry-hopped with galaxy hops
- Tuesday — Cellarmaker Brewing Co. — 300 Steps (8.4 percent ABV) — double IPA brewed with Citra, nelson and Simcoe hops
- Wednesday — Drake’s Brewing Co. — Duck Puppy (11.8 percent ABV) — Belgian-style barrel-aged quad
- Thursday — Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. — City Beer 10 Year Anniversary Ale — bourbon barrel-aged New Orleans milk stout brewed with brewed with lactose, chicory and coffee
- Friday — Sante Adairius Rustic Ales — Southern Sunrise (7.6 percent ABV) — blend of different barrel-aged saisons conditioned on peach purée