Cigar City Brewing and J. Wakefield Brewing are teaming up on a new barrel-aged stout.
The resulting creation is named Going Going Back Back to Tampa Tampa, a bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout conditioned on chocolate and coconut. Both breweries have joined forces on multiple beers over the years, including Pineapple Blonde ale in 2012, Cervezas Frescas: Guanabana ale in 2013 and A Beer Named Sue—which also included Cycle Brewing Co. and 7venth Sun Brewing–in 2015.
This new collaboration will be one of the exclusive releases for Cigar City’s 2018 El Catador Club, the Tampa-based brewery’s membership club. Included with membership will seven different 750ml bottles of barrel-aged beer, all of which will be collaborations with other breweries around the country:
- Funky Buddha Brewery — Snack Attack, a whiskey barrel-aged imperial stout conditioned on cacao nibs, peanuts, vanilla, lactose and salt
- Bottle Logic Brewing — Criminal Commission, a rum barrel-aged imperial stout conditioned on bananas, cinnamon and vanilla beans
- J. Wakefield Brewing — Going Going Back Back to Tampa Tampa, a bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout conditioned on chocolate and coconut.
- 7venth Sun Brewery — The Power of Friendship, a brandy barrel-aged imperial stout
- 3 Sons Brewing Co. — Across the Alley, a bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout brewed with chocolate, coffee and vanilla
- Angry Chair Brewing
- Cycle Brewing
According to a label filed with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), Going Going Back Back to Tampa Tampa will be packaged in 750ml bottles.