Cigar City Brewing has announced its 2017 Release Calendar for beers that will hit its entire distribution network, and there are some surprises on the list.
First, the Tampa, Fla.-based brewery will have five Core year-round beers, including: Jai Alai IPA, Maduro Brown Ale, Invasion Pale Ale, Florida Cracker Belgian-style White Ale and Tampa-style Lager. As in years past, all of the year-round releases will be packaged in 12-ounce cans as well as on draft.
Next, there will be a number of changes to Cigar City’s Nitro Series, which is made up exclusively of draft-only releases. El Coco Coconut Flan Ale will be added to the series available from January-February, while three beers that were part of the series have been removed for 2016: Minaret Extra Special Bitter, Patio Tools Dry Irish Stout and Puppy’s Breath Robust Porter. The entire list of Nitro Series includes:
- El Coco Coconut Flan Ale — January and February
- Hornswoggled Red Ale — March and April
- Vanilla Maduro Brown Ale — May and June
- Horchata Tropical Ale — July and August
- Good Gourd Imperial Pumpkin Ale — September and October
- Cafe Con Leche Sweet Stout — November and December
Finally, there are seven different Special Releases, including Marshal Zhukov’s Penultimate Push, which was released in bottles as a brewery-only exclusive last month:
- White Oak Jai Alai IPA — January-February and June-July
- Marshal Zhukov’s Penultimate Push — March
- Guayabera Citra Pale Ale — April and October
- Vanilla Maduro Brown Ale — May and November
- Marshal Zhukov’s Imperial Stout — August
- Good Gourd Imperial Pumpkin Ale — September
- Cafe Con Leche Sweet Stout — December
Cigar City beers are currently available in six states including Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New York as well as the county of Denmark.