We now know what the final official addition to Cigar City Brewing’s 2018-2019 El Catador membership club will be.
Cigar City and Angry Chair Brewing are collaborating on Special Socks, a bourbon barrel-aged imperial milk stout conditioned on coffee, hazelnuts and vanilla. The two breweries have joined forces multiple times in the past, including on Banana Cream Pie Ale, Coconut Banana Cream Pie Ale and Oatmeal Cream Pie Ale—which also included Mikkeller—in 2013.
This new collaboration will be one of the exclusive releases for Cigar City’s 2018-2019 El Catador Club, the Tampa-based brewery’s membership club. Included with membership will seven different 750ml bottles of barrel-aged beer, all of which will be collaborations with other breweries around the country:
- Funky Buddha Brewery — Snack Attack, a whiskey barrel-aged imperial stout conditioned on cacao nibs, peanuts, vanilla, lactose and salt
- Bottle Logic Brewing — Criminal Commission, a rum barrel-aged imperial stout conditioned on bananas, cinnamon and vanilla beans
- J. Wakefield Brewing — Going Going Back Back to Tampa Tampa, a bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout conditioned on chocolate and coconut
- 7venth Sun Brewery — The Power of Friendship, a brandy barrel-aged imperial stout
- 3 Sons Brewing Co. — Across the Alley, a bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout brewed with chocolate, coffee and vanilla
- Cycle Brewing — Not A Single Feeling, a sherry barrel-aged imperial stout
- Angry Chair Brewing — Special Socks, a bourbon barrel-aged imperial milk stout conditioned on coffee, hazelnuts and vanilla
According to a label filed with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), Special Socks will be packaged in 750ml bottles.